Sometimes, You Need a Recharge

I have neglected my writing since my mom died in 2017.  Wrote a novel, but haven’t done much to get it out of its early drafts.  Then, my dad passed in 2020.  I stopped a good bit of everything, this blog included.  After my divorce last year, I finally picked up my pen to properly continue the sixth book of the World In-between series.

I’ll be honest.  I’m exhausted.  And, I’m in desperate need of a recharge.  Hence, my upcoming trip to Iceland.

I’m not trying to get back to the person I used to be.  She’s gone.  She’s grown.  I feel like I’m embarking on a new chapter of my life.

On my quest of rediscovery, I’m going to use this blog to document my journey.  I’m starting with a blog series about Iceland.  I will talk about why Iceland, my plans, my preparation, and of course, the trip itself.  This will include my packing list, specific items, other insights, and, when the trip is over, how it all worked.

Watch this space for more.

I’ve come a long way, baby, but I’ve got miles to go before I sleep.


Comments

  1. I wish you well in your journey ahead. That is a lot to handle in such a short time. I look forward to following along.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Fun Fresh Fantasy

Iceland in Winter: What to Pack: Clothing

Learning from a Book Review