Upcoming Projects


After launching Secrets of the Sages, I have no time to rest on my laurels.  Not wanting a big celebration or party, I simply pick up my pen and keep writing.

Four books are all at different stages of completion.  First, I am writing Whispers, the fourth book of the World In-between series.  It begins a couple of weeks after Secrets of the Sages ends.  Escalating war leads to a high body count and to happy occasions being crashed. 

Second, I can see the end of my space opera, Where Pirates Go to Die.  Think of it as kinda like Firefly meets Pirates of the Caribbean.  It includes some interesting characters, cat and mouse chase scenes, robots (including androids), and high tech thievery.

Third, I am thoroughly researching a contemporary fantasy.  And by thoroughly, I mean I read and take notes until my eyes pop out and become bloodshot.  Quite fun.  I am getting some great fodder for continuing the scene that I had to leave hanging because I needed to do research.  I like my fiction to hinge on something either believable or common knowledge, like a myth or fairy tale.

Fourth, I have my non-speculative fiction (fantasy/sci-fi) detective story.  Yes, it is a departure for me.  And yes, I tend to write this story more slowly than the others.  Right now, I have my former homicide detective, who happens to hate the sight of dead bodies, investigating a missing person case turned serial killing case.  Her new job as a private eye has her reluctantly working with the FBI.  One of the agents is incredibly handsome, which could potentially lead to a conflict of interest.


Comments

  1. Finishing up my own WIP. Hope to pick up Secrets of the Sages soon. It will add to my summer reading list. Looking forward to this new installment. Good luck with it. My, you sound busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finishing a WIP is a great feeling. Thanks. Busy, schmusy. When the ink is flowing you don't really notice, but I do go through a lot of pens. ;)

      Delete
  2. I admire anyone who can find research so fun! I always get frustrated with research (although I do it) because it takes me away from writing. But at the same time, it's awful trying to write well without research, because I flounder and never really know what I'm doing.

    Oh, and four projects at the same time? Good for you! Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Bit of Hope with a Side of Griffin

Learning from a Book Review

Iceland in Winter: What to Pack: Clothing