Behind the Scenes at My Recent Guest Appearance

Sitting at the table with Jeff and Jerry


Mount Pleasant Up Close is a weekly local TV and radio show.  The hosts are Mayor Gerald (Jerry) Lucia (on the right) and Borough Manager Jeff Landy (in the middle).  This coming week, I will be their guest.

Talking with Jeff and JerryWe recorded it yesterday amidst the snowstorm.  Sitting at a small table in the Borough Council Chambers, I answered questions about my books and being an author.

In the beginning of my first “live” interview, I was nervous.  Jeff and Jerry started the show with a little intro, then they turned to me.  Jeff said something like, “Tell us a little something about yourself and your books.”  And that’s when it happened.  I felt as if I were having a brain freeze moment like a kid in school on test day who just stared at the paper on the desk because the answers eluded her.  I took a small pause, let out a tiny laugh, then my brain began to function properly.

Answering questionsOnce we got going, everything flowed so well. The half-hour show whizzed by faster than I expected.  Jeff and Jerry asked great questions.  We had a lot of fun.  At some point, I felt as if I were simply having a conversation with two of my oldest and dearest friends.  The camera and microphones no longer existed to me.  I had a great time and I am so glad that I was able to be a part of their show.

Anyone in SW PA and NE WV can catch Mount Pleasant Up Close Sunday mornings at 7:30 on 103.1 WKVE.  It also runs on Armstrong Cable channel 20 Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 10 am and 6 pm in the Fay-West PA region.


Listening to their questionsMy guest appearance will air this Sunday, March 10th at 7:30am on 103.1 FM and on Monday, March 11th, Wednesday, March 13th and Friday, March 15th at 10 am and 6 pm on Armstrong Cable channel 20.

To know more about the quaint, friendly town of Mount Pleasant check out this video.

Comments

  1. Is there a website that would have a link to the interview for those of us who don't live in the area? You could place it on your blog.

    Congratulations on the interview.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There will be. I'll be receiving a DVD of the show after it airs, probably in a couple of weeks or so. It will be posted on this blog.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Fun Fresh Fantasy

Iceland in Winter: What to Pack: Clothing

Learning from a Book Review