It’s Been a Year

 


As the year comes to a close, I don’t want to reflect—only look forward.  However, how do we know where we’re going, if we don’t know where we’ve been?

My personal journey this year has been difficult, and, at times, downright dark.  With all that has happened, I feel as though I have weathered this storm rather well.  I am in a better place as I head into the new year.

I have been working through early drafts of my new detective novel.  Polishing makes every draft better than the last.  I even have the outline and beginnings of a second detective novel.

The sixth book of the World In-between fantasy series stalled.  However, lately, Berty and Silvia have been rewriting parts and pulling me into a different direction than I originally planned.  And, I like where it’s going to go.  It might get a new title.

My plans are to continue devoting time to my writing.  I will not be taking any new editing or beta reading projects for the time being.  Not until I feel that I have a decent foothold on these books.  I need to take care of me and, in turn, my words.

Have a great winter holiday, and I hope that next year is better.


Links to connect with me and my work:

Facebook (as Irene Castle – detective novel nom de plume) 

Comments

  1. Onward and upward. I have taken the year off after writing for so many years and through the bleakness of 2020, I'm glad I did. I've challenged myself to pick up the "pen" again at the turn of the year and move forward. Here's hoping you leave the darkness behind and look to a bright future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Fun Fresh Fantasy

Iceland in Winter: What to Pack: Clothing

Learning from a Book Review