Flying High

Blue Angels at Air Show
The Blue Angels against a blue sky.

The roar of engines tearing through the blue. The smell of jet fuel mingling with sunscreen. Fighting against the tidal wave of the hordes. Yesterday, I attended the Air Show. The flying was amazing.

What I learned:
  1. What people can train their bodies to endure is incredible. 5 Gs? Most of us would have passed out well before.

  2. In a large crowd, half will be pushing strollers.

  3. The only shade lies under the planes on display. Unless you have a hangar into which to duck.

  4. Everyone holds up their phones or tablets to take pictures. No one uses a real camera anymore, including yours truly, unless equipped with a telescopic lens.

  5. The only thing that surpasses my not so great picture taking is my attempt at video taking.  (My brother took the pic above.)

  6. I should invest in a portable phone charger.

  7. Just by watching how the planes do those tricky moves, my mind begins to roll.
I am very excited to get my pen gliding across the page and integrate what I saw into one great space battle.

Comments

  1. I would love to see one of those shows some time. I enjoy planes in flight. Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a blast and only had minimal sunburning. I hope a show comes to an airport near you. Your grandson would love it.

      I posted more pictures from the Air Show on my G+ profile (click on view my complete profile above). Or you can browse the album directly here.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Bit of Hope with a Side of Griffin

Learning from a Book Review

Iceland in Winter: What to Pack: Clothing