Poetry Wednesday 30 May 12

After A Long Sleepless Night

After a long sleepless night...
I watch the sunrise through the trees,
The music of the early morning pounds in my head,
Windows illuminate like spotlights on stage.

The clock ticks away yet another minute...
I throb from head to toe and back again,
Knowing the drudge that lies ahead,
And that damn bug that buzzes in my ear.

Orange to yellow to white to blue...
Hunger growls inside me,
Searching the house for satisfaction,
Flashing of what was done before.

Sunrays peek around to spy...
Silent emptiness of this place,
Somewhere off in the distance a motor runs,
I wander aimlessly from my bed.

--IEC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Bit of Hope with a Side of Griffin

Learning from a Book Review

Iceland in Winter: What to Pack: Clothing