A Decade in Review




The turn of the millennium feels like it was only yesterday. Soon, the ‘20s will be roaring. Before the decade ends, let’s see from where we’ve come.

My first book, The World In-between, debuted in 2011. At my writers’ group the other night, I was talking about reading books and wondering how someone can write something complex and interesting. Then, I wrote the 125,000 word epic fantasy series beginning with its multiple plot threads and array of characters in a magical setting connected to the mundane world.

So far, the series has five books: The World In-between, Bow of the Moon, Secrets of the Sages, Whispers, and Hope. And, I am currently writing the sixth.

In-between writing the series, I’ve also written two stand alone science fiction novels, Tricentennial and Where Pirates Go to Die. The former being a dystopia whose secrets tear apart a family that struggles to find themselves and each other. The latter is space opera where pirate outlaws lead a chase across the galaxy. I’ve also written five short stories, two of which are related to my series, and a slew of flash fiction that I have posted on this blog.

And, of course, I started this blog where I connect with all of you. I’ve changed the layout and colors plenty of times.


On a more personal note, my life drastically changed in the past ten years.


My mom lost her battle with cancer.


I married the most wonderful man—my best friend.



Whatever holiday you celebrate, I hope you celebrate with gusto.

Happy Holidays and I wish you all the best in the New Year!  

See you next decade!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Bit of Hope with a Side of Griffin

Learning from a Book Review

Iceland in Winter: What to Pack: Clothing