How Do You Choose?


The World In-between (Book 1) by IE CastellanoSecrets of the Sages (Book 3) by IE CastellanoBow of the Moon (Book 2) by IE Castellano
Where Pirates Go to Die by IE CastellanoYuletide Magic (The World In-between series prequel) by IE CastellanoTricentennial by IE Castellano


The Hunt by IE Castellano in Moon Shadows
Recently, I was asked which one of my books is my favorite.  With the upcoming release of Where Pirates Go to Die, I have seven titles—plenty from which to choose.  My easy answer:  how can I?

The World In-between series is my baby.  With three novels and a short published, I am waist high into this epic portal fantasy.  Each book adds layers of complexity and a few new characters.  When I was talking about the series, someone asked why I wrote a male protagonist as a female author.  I told him it suited the story.  He looked at me strange.  The male main character tells the story from his point of view.  But is it his story or another’s?  Perhaps by book six, all will be revealed.

After writing Tricentennial, the avenue to science fiction opened before me.  I enjoyed the straightforward story line and the faster pace.  Laurel Highlands Publishing is releasing the second edition by the end of the year.

The Hunt (in Moon Shadows) was my first short story.  It will have a sequel in which I will use the scenes I had to cut to stay within the word count parameters.  Hunted takes place twenty some years later.  Plan on more ghosts, slashing, and screams in the night.

Penning Where Pirates Go to Die surprised me.  While staying within the cat and mouse chase, a darker element worked its way into the story.  My characters wanted what they wanted and who was I to deny them?  Third person omnipotence gave me a range of bad and not so bad heads in which to play.  Not to mention different planets, aliens, ships, and space stations.  It turned into a fun story with all the different characters and futuristic places.

Can I choose a favorite from the above?  Absolutely not.

Each project brings something new and exciting.  The ones I am working on now keep the pen dancing across the page.  Do I love them?  Yes.  Will I ever have a favorite?  Only time will tell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Bit of Hope with a Side of Griffin

Iceland in Winter: What to Pack: Clothing

Learning from a Book Review