Falling for Autumn

Day length shortens. The mercury drops. The urge for a steaming bowl of soup overwhelms you. Pumpkins. Cider. Red and yellow leaves. It all means one thing—Autumn is well on its way.

Fall truly is one of my favorite times of year. When you begin to smell the drying leaves, split log fires, and house warming meals, you start to believe in all things magical. My sweaters and jackets come out of storage. I polish my fall boots. Driving through the rural countryside, haystacks dot the fields and signs advertise hayrides and cornfield mazes.

I wait with anticipation for the rolling hills of trees to display their multitude of colors. With a mug of hot mulled cider, I cherish sitting around the firepit with my family and friends. We laugh while the fire spits and crackles. The night sky gets so clear you feel as though you can reach up and touch the stars.

Capturing the beauty of an autumnal day on the page allows me to experience the magic of fall during any season. When I picture the scene in my mind, I can revisit all the feelings of my warm family home no matter where I wander.

Wrap a throw blanket around your shoulders. Dust off the slow cooker. And get ready to relish in the quiet, soothing warmth that encompasses Autumn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Bit of Hope with a Side of Griffin

Learning from a Book Review

Iceland in Winter: What to Pack: Clothing